Your First Visit to Our Johns Creek Practice
During the first visit, the doctor will complete a thorough examination that includes:
HISTORY – Prior to your initial consultation, you will be asked to fill out forms that provide background information about your symptoms and condition such as:
- When did your pain/condition start?
- Where is the pain located?
- Did pain/condition immediately follow an injury or accident?
- Does anything improves or worsens the pain?
- What treatments have you already tried, and how successful were they?
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION – Your chiropractor will perform this exam to evaluate your condition and develop a working diagnosis. The examination will include specific orthopedic and neurological tests to evaluate:
- Range of motion of the affected area that is observed while you walk, turn, bend, or lift
- Muscle tone
- Muscle strength
- Neurological condition
DIAGNOSTIC STUDIES (when indicated) – These will help your chiropractor diagnose and understand your condition more precisely. The most commonly used by chiropractors include:
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
Click here to learn what to expect on your second visit to The Sports Chiropractor…